Machinist Mike's Hydro Clutch is back by popular demand!
This unit replaces the terrible ramp and ball release mechanism on 1971-1984 Harley Davidson Ironheads.
No more fade, pour engagement and clutch chatter...
***Kits with Banjo Bolts, Fittings, High Pressure Lines and Clutch Master Cylinders also available***
Hydro Clutch Unit:
• Billet Aluminum Body - CNC Machined 6061 Aluminum Body.
• Plunger - 303 Stainless Steel.
• Easy Installation - Simply thread the Hydro Clutch into the clutch adjustment hole and plumb to a master cylinder with an 11/16" bore.
• Completely Maintenance FREE!
• After the initial installation, the Hydro Clutch is Self-Adjusting.
• Designed and fabricated in the USA by Machinist Mike.
• Complete Kits with Banjo Bolts, Fittings, High Pressure Lines and Clutch Master Cylinder also available.
• The Hydro Clutch is also available Anodized Black.
*** THE HYDRO-CLUTCH COMES WITH A LIFETIME FULL REPLACEMENT WARRANTY ***
Available Install Kit: (Add $60)
Comes with the following parts:
• CHROME 3/8-24 Banjo Bolt with 2 Copper Crush Washers.
• CHROME 3/8" Banjo Fitting with Reusable End (Ferrule Included).
• 8' Length of 3/16" OD High Pressure Semi-Rigid Nylon Tubing.
Available Clutch Master Cylinder: (Add $180)
• Beautiful Polished Chrome finish.
• OEM Style found on 1996-2006 Big Twins.
• 11/16" Bore.
• Comes with a CHROME Straight or 90 Degree Banjo Fitting and Banjo Bolt.
• Purchase with our Install Kit and you'll have everything you need to plumb a Hydro Clutch to your Ironhead.
Height - 1.75"
Width - 1.75
Height - 1.55"
Width - 1.75
1971 - 1984 Harley Davidson Ironheads
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
well its 4 stars looking to 5 stars tomorrow when I install it on my 1983 XR-1000. Im using a 2006 VRSA 11/16 master cylinder and 80" of custom russell braided line/fittings the plan is to rout aft of the primary cover and loop down tight to the left frame rail under the primary then up to the back side of the top triple tree (forks from 1999 XL1200 Sport) all to stay clear of the XR's Left side pipes
Great looking product. Feels very well built. Great looking product. Feels very well built. Only disappointing thing was the 3/16" OD High Pressure Semi-Rigid Nylon Tubing. It seems very thin and flimsy.
Installed their hydraulic clutch set up on my 1975 Ironhead. Very cool piece!!!
The Hydro Clutch is a fantastic solution to the crappy mechanicals in my ‘83 Ironhead.
I purchased one of these a few years back when Machinist Mike first developed them & it hasn't failed me yet --- even considering my unorthodox & brutal riding style.
No more missed shifts, no "creeping" while in gear at stoplights & no messing with it EVER after it's installed & properly bled like you would a disc brake system.
This is THE VERY BEST upgrade you can make to your beloved ironhead to bring it into the 21st century with modern technology. AAA+++