Optimate TM-271 12 Volt & 16 Volt Lithium Battery Charger
Perfect for high performance 12.8V (4s) and 16V (5s) LiFePO4 / LFP batteries that demand fully automatic, fast and accurate temperature controlled charging from 2.5 to 200 Ah.
Protection against incorrect voltage selection:With 16V selected and a 12.8V (4s) battery is connected OptiMate 7 LFP Select will immediately warn that a low voltage is sensed and then not proceed to charging. USER must confirm the nominal voltage of the connected battery is 16V (5s) before SAVE mode activates. During SAVE mode the charge curve is tracked, if the battery appears to be less than a 5-series 16V battery, it will stop charging.
Battery SAVE mode with BMS reset starts from 0.5V with continuous monitoring / testing of charge acceptance or bad / shorted cell condition. Unnecessary (and unsafe) charging of a bad battery is prevented. safeTº: Automatic charge rate adjustment to ambient temperature sensed at the charger. Reduced charging below freezing, no charging if temperature is below -20ºC/-4ºF (can damage lithium batteries).
Microprocessor adjusts current to ideal LiFePO4 charge curve to match battery size / condition, for fastest and most complete charge.
- Charging Amps: 9.5A @ 12.8V / 7.5A @ 16V (AmpMatic)
- Indoor / Outdoor (lowest temperature: -4°F / -20°C)
- Low Volt Start of 0.5V + 3-step low volt Save and Test
- LiFePO4 (LFP) 4s / 5s batteries from 2.5 – 200Ah
- Global (100-240V 50-60Hz), high efficiency (CEC listed) and fully sealed.
- Weatherproof case with wall mounts and 6ft / 180cm AC supply lead and 6ft / 180cm charge lead ending in SAE connector. Weatherproof battery lead, standard battery clip set & fused battery clip set included
- No risk of overcharging. Totally safe for vehicle electronics. Sparks suppressed.
- Safe for long-term battery maintenance.
- Automatic shut-down if short-circuited or battery disconnected.
- 3-year limited replacement warranty.
- Step 1: Low Volt Start (0.5V)
- Step 2: Test before charge
- Step 3: Test before charge
- Step 4: Ultra Low Volt Save
- Step 5: Low Volt Save / cell montioring
- Step 6: Test - cell damage
- Step 7: Cell-balancing Charge
- Step 8: OptiMate maintenance.
- Step 9: Test after charge.
- Step 10: OptiMate maintenance.
- Fully automatic battery charger.
- Direct connect fused harness / permanent ringlet connector with weatherproof cap.
- Set of positive and negative battery clips.